Publisher's description - Voltage Mail 1.0.1
The Voltage SecureMail mobile app works with organizations that have implemented Voltage SecureMail™ enterprise software. It is not a standalone app. Users receiving Voltage encrypted email on supported iOS devices can use this app (see Important Note below).
This app allows users to read and send Voltage encrypted email on iPhone and iPad using iOS 5.1 and later. Voltage SecureMail provides data-centric protection for businesses of all sizes that need to secure email to comply with internal mandates or privacy and data protection regulations and reduce data breach risk. Data-centric security means that email and attachments stay protected at all times – in transit and in storage until needed by authorized users.
Voltage SecureMail enables users to communicate securely via email while supporting critical enterprise needs: e-discovery, data leak prevention, archiving, compliance audit, and integration with email and IT infrastructure. This is possible without the complexity, help desk impact, and high management costs that traditional approaches impose on senders, recipients, or IT operations. Employees, partners, and customers can easily conduct private business communications via email anytime, anywhere – without delays or frustration and with reduced risk of data breaches from unauthorized access to email.
Key features for end users:
• Read Voltage encrypted email and attachments, online or offline
• Works with the native iOS email app – no new inbox or outbox
• Tailor-made user experience for iPhone and iPad
• End-to-end secure email to and from mobile devices to anyone with a standard email inbox
• Send secure emails to recipients with one tap (see Important Note)
• Support for local Contacts and Exchange Global Address List contacts
• Simple self-registration and authentication
• Works with popular cloud and web-based email systems
Key features for IT operations (via Voltage SecureMail software):
• Mobile data-centric security – protects data everywhere it goes without exposing security gaps
• Comprehensive, consistent policy control over emails and attachments
• Enforce policies for different user populations (e.g., employees, customers, partners)
• Restrict forward, reply, reply all, compose, and recipient domains
• Authenticate with Windows® Active Directory or the self-service enrollment server
• Windows® Active Directory login – without a VPN for employees outside the corporate network
• Compatible with Good Technology™ with appropriate policy settings
• Comply to US, EU, GLBA, PCI DSS, SOX, National, State, and Federal privacy laws
• Built on Identity-Based Encryption (IBE): Simple to use, low cost to manage, scale enterprise wide
• IBE public key encryption per IETFC RFC 5091, 5408, 5409, IEEE 1363.3
This application is intended to be used with organizations that have deployed Voltage SecureMail enterprise software to send and receive secure email between employees and/or external recipients. The app will automatically function in one of two ways:
• Organizations that have licensed Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition enable the full use as a native app with full functionality.
• Organizations that have NOT licensed Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition can encrypt and decrypt email via a browser-based interface without the full functionality of the native app.
A mobile user’s ability to read, reply, forward, and originate secure messages depends on the sending organization’s license for Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition, Voltage SecureMail policies (which may restrict the functionality available to users), and the compatibility of your iOS device (see https://support.voltage.com – registration required).
Please check with your IT admin to determine if you are an authorized user and to understand your organization’s Voltage SecureMail policy. Refer to the Help for additional advice on securing your phone data and instructions.