The addition `modern` says it all: this is a contemporary and pragmatic dictionary, containing approximately 100,000 present-day entries - including colloquial language. The content is aimed at finding meanings fast. Furthermore, this dictionary contains about 100,000 related expressions, such as synonyms, antonyms and hypernyms, making it an ideal resource for writing texts.
• Do a search on what a word means, how to write it and how it should be used
• Extensive search options, such as fuzzy search, full text search, search within found articles and search for example sentences
• Including elaborate information, such as synonyms, example sentences and extra in-depth texts
• Most functions of this app can be used without an Internet connection
• Your search history is saved and is easy to delete
• Get a list of suggestions if you type in the wrong spelling
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more letters with `?` or `*`
• Extra: tweet found words or post them on Facebook (Internet connection required) and adjust the font size
• Can be used in landscape mode
• Dutch interface
NB: This dictionary contains approximately 100,000 entries, 121,000 meanings and 58,000 examples. The app content is comparable to the content of Van Dale’s printed modern Dutch Expanatory Dictionary.
About Van Dale
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too. Related apps van dale modern dutch explanatory dictionary