Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
OS / Version: iOS / 1.0
Compatible: iPhone iPad
Publisher's description - The Earth as Art 1.0
Welcome to the Earth as Art Gallery!
Here you can view our planet through the beautiful images taken by the Landsat-7 satellite - and most recently, the Terra Satellite`s Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER). This gallery of images uses the visceral avenue of art to convey the thrilling perspective of the Earth that satellites provide to the viewer.
This app is intended for educational, non-profit use only. Please do not re-produce the photos for commercial use. The images in this application are categorized according to continent. Images courtesy of USGS National Center for EROS and NASA Landsat Project Science Office.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all images. The top 150 images are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove images, and access items you added using My Images. If you find that an image that you`d like to add a more complete description to, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own images that you may have available.
- Rate images on a 5-star system. Once rated, the image is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite images, and save them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any image to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We`ve given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your images, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any image in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random image. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" images for access to every item in the database.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one image to another, or use the previous/next buttons.
- Insert a textual comment about the image.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you`ve seen.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
This app requires at least OS version 3.0
UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates
If you liked this app, you`ll probably also like things like "10,000 Science Facts" and "10,000 Amazing Facts" and many other knowledge-based applications by Darren Gates.
******************************* COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content. *******************************
The "Download" link for The Earth as Art 1.0 directs you to the iTunes AppStore, where you have to continue the download process.You must have an iTunes account to download the application. This download link may not be available in some countries.