Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
Limitations / License: /
Compatible: iPhone iPad
Publisher's description - SkyView Free - Explore the Universe 1.3.1
★ This App is FREE! ★
Works great on the iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod Touch!
Notice: iOS 4.3 causes a blue focus box to momentarily appear. An update to this app has been submitted to remove this minor issue.
Where will the Sun rise and set today? Is there a Full Moon tonight? Where is the Big Dipper? What is the name of that bright star? What are some fun facts about these objects?
SkyView Free is a powerful and easy-to-use App that answers these questions and more. Simply point the camera to the sky, tap on what you see and discover really neat things about these sky objects. SkyView Free is unique because it blends the camera view with incredible 3D graphics of the sky objects to provide a really neat Augmented Reality (AR) view of your sky.
SkyView Free helps you find stars, constellations, and satellites. Type the name of the object and then simply follow the arrow until it appears in the camera view. Discover neat facts about each of these objects.
SkyView Free Features (check out SkyView Premium for even more amazing features):
● Sky Paths Select the Sun or the Moon and see its path through the sky for a 24 hour period. Move the camera along the path and see when and where the sky object will be compared to your horizon. It may even be below your feet.
● Change the Date and Time Travel to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times! For example, use SkyView Free to see how the stars will align on interesting dates such as December 21st, 2012!
● Final NASA Space Shuttle Missions (Discovery, Endeavour, and Atlantis) Use SkyView Free to witness history by viewing the final flights of the Space Shuttle Discovery, Endeavour and Atlantis as they streak across the night sky.
● Amazing 3D Graphics Surround yourself with beautiful, 3D graphics of the Sun, Moon, stars, constellations, Space Shuttle and the International Space Station as you point the camera to the sky.
● Stars and Constellations Stargazing has never been so easy! Just aim and tap the screen to identify hundreds of stars in the night sky! Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out of the camera view.
● Satellites View the International Space Station and the final Space Shuttle Missions! SkyView Free automatically retrieves current satellite orbital data (when available) so that your satellite viewing remains as accurate as possible!
● Search and Locate Looking for the ISS? Trying to find the North Star? Want to witness a Space Shuttle flyby? Use the search feature to select an interesting object and then simply follow the arrow to find its location in the sky.
● Landscape Astronomy Mode Rotate your iPhone or iPod Touch into landscape position to quickly transform SkyView Free into full screen astronomy mode to see real-time readouts of Right Ascension (RA), Declination (DEC), azimuth (AZ), and elevation (EL). Use the RA and DEC values to help set up your telescope.
● Compass and Horizon SkyView Free displays convenient compass and horizon indicators right on the camera view! Simply point the camera down to see a compass or into the distance to view a horizon line. It’s very easy to see when and in what direction a sky object will be visible!
● Lots of interesting facts SkyView Free has lots of fun facts about our universe. Just touch the sky object and discover!
● Gyroscope Mode (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch only) If you have an iPhone 4 or iPod Touch you can take advantage of the new gyroscope. Get incredibly smooth, responsive and precise camera views as you aim the camera all around!
● Augmented Reality (AR) SkyView Free accurately blends and animates 3D images of the sky objects within the camera’s view no matter what direction you are pointing.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your closest friends about our wonderful universe!
A really good app I recommended it to a friend this morning.
Good for free
The app does as it says- good guide to most sky objects. The free version lacks the really neat features of the pay version. The lacking database prompted me to go with Star Walk instead. In the rural area where I live there are far more things that I can see than this covers and I prefer the night vision mode of star walk.
Benjamin Suarez Camus
Easy to use and full of great info for star lovers!!
Screenshots SkyView Free - Explore the Universe
Related - Education - SkyView Free - Explore the Universe 1.3.1
The "Download" link for SkyView Free - Explore the Universe 1.3.1 directs you to the iTunes AppStore, where you have to continue the download process.You must have an iTunes account to download the application. This download link may not be available in some countries.
Customers also see - like SkyView Free - Explore the Universe 1.3.1