We’re answering the call from Educators & Parents! This new app reinforces letter names & develops knowledge of letter sounds (phonemic awareness) in a game kids love. Contains 450 words, Adaptive Assistance, and more rockets!
Kids join Zip the alien on an out-of-this-world spelling adventure to build a fancy new rocket. With 5 levels of difficulty, kids spell words to fuel his spaceship and help him choose the rocket pieces he needs. Once they have built their custom rocket ship, kids steer it through space to collect stars in an entertaining mini-game.
1: 3-6 letter words. Place letters in any order. Audible and visual hints.
2: 3-10 letter words. Order required. Audible and visual hints.
3: 3-4 letter words. Order required. Audible hints. Adaptive assistance.
4: 5-6 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
5: 7-10 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
“What are audible hints?”
Players can touch a letter to hear its name or sound.
“What are visual hints?”
In the early levels (1 & 2), players see where specific letters should be placed.
“What is Adaptive Assistance?”
Smart technology that recognizes when a player is struggling and assistance is provided.
- Learn to spell words in a way that is fun, interactive and promotes self-initiated skill progression
- Develop awareness of how letters and letter sounds (phonemes) combine to form words
- Develop awareness of left to right order
- Promote knowledge and recognition of letter names and letter sounds (including letter blends)
- Enhance vocabulary
Balances skill development with play, making learning fun
- 5 levels of difficulty engage children at different stages of development
- Adaptive Assistance helps kids when they struggle
- 450 simple and complex words (including Dolch words)
- 4 word categories: Creatures, Around the House, The Basics (numbers, colors, and shapes), Food. You can also choose to play `All Words`
- Words are different every time you play
- Choose upper or lower-case letters
- Regional words used for the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand (North American accent only)
- Kid-friendly interface
- Thousands of possible rocket combinations
- Interactive alien (touch Zip on the spelling pages and see what he does!)
- High quality production standards
PRIVACY AND EXTERNAL LINKS
We believe it’s important to inform you about the app you are downloading.
- contains a secured (triple-tap required) Parents/Educators section. Here you will find one nondescript ‘text-only’ link (i.e. touch this word) intended for adults who read the info provided. The link is for rating the app in the iTunes App Store and has been retained for your convenience.
- tracks usage data using a highly-reputable service called Flurry Analytics. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. Understanding how the app is used helps us to improve and refine the user experience. If you would like additional information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You may quickly and easily opt-out from participating by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html.
- Has NO push notifications
- Has NO in-app purchases
- Has NO third party ads
- Has NO social media links
Little Big Thinkers is a member of Parents with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.