English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Limitations / License: /
Compatible: iPhone iPad
Publisher's description - Playground HD3 - ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to write letters. 1.0.0
Recently my little daughter (4 years) was interested in the ABC. So I considered how to teach her the alphabet best. The result is this collection of 6 exercises:
1. FLASHCARDS The first part introduces the individual letters of the alphabet from A to Z. The letter name can be heard by touching it and it can be traced. An animal illustration might help to name the letter.
2. PRACTICE After capitals were exercised in the first step, small letters are displayed here in addition.
3. WRITE Write freehand in 6 colors and/or drag the previously learned letters similar to a magnetic board on the sheet. Mistakes can be corrected with an eraser - unnecessary letters can be pulled to the side to remove them. The final "message" can be photographed.
4. WORDS In this exercise you can write the names of 65 animals. All letters of the animal names are mixed up and must be restored to the correct order.
5. ASSIGN This exercise consists of two small activities: • Practice which capital letter belongs to which small character - or vice versa. It all works like a jigsaw puzzle. By touching the letters their names can be heard. I think this supports to establish a connection between capital & small letters. • In the second one, the correct sequence of the alphabet can be learned. On the top animals from ALLIGATOR to ZEBRA are lined up side by side. These include free boxes in which the initials must be sorted.
6. PAIRS This exercise is a simple memo game with 3 game types. The pairs consist of uppercase & (a.) uppercase ["A" + "A"] (b.) Beast image ["A" + "Alligator"] (c.) lowercase ["A" + "a"]
OTHER FEATURES: ✔ This app is multilingual(english, german, italian, spanish, french and swedish). The languages can be changed in almost each activity. So your child will learn that "A" is for ALLIGATOR in english for AFFE in german or ABEILLE in french. ✔ Settings as well as links are protected. This prevents that your child accidentally ends up where it should not. ✔ The "playing time" can be set. ✔ The sound can be switched on & off at any time. ✔ There are NO ADS & NO IN-APP-PURCHASES in this app.
NOTE: This app was developed WITHOUT help of educators! Dear friends have assisted in putting sound to this app and not professional speakers. Also this app has no certificates.
Despite all its shortcomings I hope that this small ABC app is interesting to you and it simplifis your child getting started in the world of letters. Please have a look at the free Lite version before purchasing this app. :o)
The gameplay is interesting and engaging for a child learning the alphabet. Children should love the multiple activities and games. Parents should appreciate that the app is keeping the child engaged and teaching them a valuable skill in the process.
The English translations weren`t perfect and I hoped for better in an educational app.
Good for letter recognition
Playground HD3 - ABC Edition is a great app for helping students learn their upper and lower case letters as well as practice handwriting. Very young children can use the app to begin matching sounds with letters. Older children can use the app to practice their print and cursive handwriting. I recommend this app to parents of young children and early childhood teachers.
This app is a great resource for any household or classroom. Children of many ages can increase their letter recognition skills, as well as their letter formation and recall. The boldly colored animals and engaging games will pull your child right in. This app is a welcome activity in my classroom and at home.
Screenshots Playground HD3 - ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to write letters.
Related - Education - Playground HD3 - ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to write letters. 1.0.0
The "Download" link for Playground HD3 - ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to write letters. 1.0.0 directs you to the iTunes AppStore, where you have to continue the download process.You must have an iTunes account to download the application. This download link may not be available in some countries.
Customers also see - like Playground HD3 - ABC Edition. The kids app to learn how to write letters. 1.0.0