Publisher's description - Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks 1.1
Get up-to-the-minute drug information instantly, anytime and anywhere, with the Nursing Drug Handbook app.
Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2013 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook app is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any health care setting. The app emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and includes only the most essential information.
You’ll have immediate access to more than 900 generic drugs and more than 3,300 brand-name drugs, including the latest complete drug monographs—all of the drugs in the Nursing2013 Drug Handbook and more.
Always up-to-date, the Nursing Drug Handbook app will ensure that you’re fully informed of newly updated drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, and drug warnings. In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug monographs, the program features all of the special patient safety features, like the ever-popular Nursing Considerations, that you’ve come to expect from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Each monograph includes the following key sections, as applicable:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol link (for drugs included in the Photoguide)
• Therapeutic and pharmacologic class
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Recent updates (weekly FDA-issued updates ensure you always stay current)
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages (common prescribed/off-label uses, accurate dosages, adjust-a-dose information)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes, I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions (overdose signs and symptoms listed)
• Nursing considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety and comfort)
• Patient teaching (guidelines on safe drug use, storage, and compliance)
• Nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning/implementation, evaluation).
Also included are the following features:
• Photoguide (includes images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs)
• Dosage calculator
• Add-a-note (lets you save a note in any drug monograph)
• Favorites (lets you save a drug as a favorite)
• Special characters tab (provides a key to all special symbols used in the app).