- Learn With Homer
- RAD Video
- yHomework - Math Solver
- ASL: Fingerspelling (Lifeprint.com)
- Phonological Processes
- The Zones of Regulation
- PlayKids TV - Vídeos para Crianças e Bebês
- Lexia Reading Core5
- News-O-Matic 5+ for Home, Daily Reading
- Dragons! Dragons! Dragons! - Ready to Read
- T-Shirts - Ready to Read
Download IPA QuickRef iPhone iPad iOS
iOS IPA QuickRef 1.0 Mobile
This app has alot of incorrect symbols!
The main ones are:
• small barred `o` [?] instead of small theta [?] for voiceless interdental median fricative.
• `sz` ligature [ß] instead of small beta [?] for voiced bilabial fricative.
• small `r` [r] instead of small turned `r` [?] for voiced (post)alveolar approximant.
• `hw` digraph instead of small turned `w` [?] for voiceless rounded labial-velar approximant.
• capital `u` [U] instead of Latin upsilon [?] for near-close near-back unrounded vowel.
• colon [:] instead of length mark [?] for chroneme (phonemic length).
It would also be nice to have sound files to assist in aural recognition. But your main problem is with the typography. Please correct these soon. Thank you.
Good, could use some work.
This is helpful for review if it`s been a while since you learned IPA. But it needs more examples on which symbols represent which sounds. It`s also not a complete list. You`re missing the German vowels that have umlauts. And French nasalized vowels need explanations too. Also, if there was an index or a chart so I could look up the symbols that would be better than having to "flip" threw all the cards to get to the one I want. But for how basic it is, and considering the price, it`s nice.
Not entirely correct or complete, and doesn`t specify the accent for English examples. It does not provide an IPA consonant grid, nor does it provide a vowel chart. It lacks audio samples. I cannot view more than one character at once, ever. Some IPA characters aren`t written with official notation, such as "U". Rather than slashes, used to indicate a theoretical phoneme, square brackets are used, which are supposed to indicate pronounced phonemes.
This barely counts as an IPA app. I expected easy access to all characters at once, with proper notation and pronunciation. I have been let down.
Related - Education - IPA QuickRef 1.0
The "Download" link for IPA QuickRef 1.0 directs you to the iTunes AppStore, where you have to continue the download process.You must have an iTunes account to download the application. This download link may not be available in some countries.
More in Education - for IPA QuickRef iPhone iPhone
More by Ronald Bell - for IPA QuickRef app ioS