All of our Everyday Math Games Apps are available for FREE download during NCTM April 13-16 2011!
Everyday Mathematics® Monster Squeeze™
McGraw-Hill’s Monster Squeeze game reinforces number recognition and offers a quick and easy way to practice number line concepts and number comparisons. This one- or two-player game runs on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Players take turns finding the secret number on a number line. In each round, the monster designates a secret number on a number line. Players try to guess this number by clicking one of the numbers. If the number chosen is larger than the secret number, that number and all larger numbers on the number line are covered by the monster. If the number chosen is smaller than the secret number, that number and all smaller numbers on the number line are covered by the monster. Players take turns clicking numbers until one of them identifies the secret number and wins the round. There are a total of 5 rounds in a game.
Features of Monster Squeeze:
- 1 or 2 players
- 5 competitive rounds of play
- Practices number line concepts and comparisons of numbers
- Customizable number lines: available number lines from 1 to 10, 5 to 15, 10 to 20, 15 to 25, and 20 to 30
- Full tutorial
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Look for these other Everyday Mathematics® Games Apps:
- Addition Top-It™
- Subtraction Top-It™
- Beat the Computer™ Multiplication
- Name That Number™
- Equivalent Fractions™
- Baseball Multiplication™ 1–6 Facts
- Baseball Multiplication™ 1–12 Facts
- Divisibility Dash™
Everyday Mathematics® web site: everydaymath.com