joint replacement app provides the navigation software for the DASH™
Smart Instrument Technology System, powered by Brainlab. DASH is a portable surgical navigation system that runs on the iPod touch and is designed to assist orthopedic surgeons in performing knee and hip joint replacement procedures with greater accuracy. Additional equipment is required for clinical operation. Users can explore the training workflows and product video for a better understanding of DASH joint replacement, its features and benefits.
The DASH Smart Instrument Technology is designed to provide the benefits of traditional surgical navigation in a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution.
As the first app of its kind in the clinical environment, DASH is part of the Brainlab family of products that support computer-assisted, or navigated surgery for orthopedic and trauma, as well as neurosurgical and spine procedures.
Central to the DASH Smart Instrument Technology is the easy-to-use handheld device with touch screen interface (iPod touch) that works remotely with the mobile platform and infrared camera to provide surgeons with accurate and intuitive guidance through each procedure. This, combined with the ability to make interactive fine-tune adjustments to the surgical instruments, provides the surgeon with a high-precision and portable tool for the accurate placement of artificial knee and hip implants.
Potential users can learn more about DASH joint replacement, its features, and benefits by tapping the start screen to access the product video and interactive simulated workflows that will take them through each step of using DASH joint replacement to perform navigated surgical procedures for total knee and hip arthroplasty.
The DASH joint replacement app can be viewed on the iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. Full use and clinical application of the DASH software is exclusive to the fourth generation iPod touch.
For knee procedures, the DASH joint replacement app supports:
• Registration – acquisition of bony landmarks for navigation
• Navigation / verification – easy-to-follow workflows and accurate bone cuts based on landmark-based navigation
• Leg alignment check – real-time quality check of the final outcome
For hip procedures, DASH joint replacement app supports:
• Registration – acquisition of landmarks for navigation (only three required)
• Navigation / verification – easy-to-follow workflows and accurate measurements based on landmark-based navigation
• Post-operative leg length and joint offset measurement – real-time quality check of the final outcome
For actual clinical use*, the complete components of the DASH Smart Instrument Technology are required:
• DASH joint replacement app - navigation software for total knee and hip arthroplasty
• An iPod touch 4th generation
• A sterile drape for the iPod touch 4th generation for clinical use
• A handheld cradle (for the iPod touch 4th generation)
• A mobile platform (with server PC and infra-red camera)
• Infra-red trackable instrumentation
For more information about this iTunes app or the complete DASH Smart Instrument Technology, please visit the websites below or send an email to email@example.com.
DASH customer support: www.brainlab.com/support
Smith & Nephew: www.smith-nephew.com
More about computer-assisted surgery: www.brainlab.com
*DASH Smart Instrument Technology is available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, South Africa and Switzerland.
DASH™ Knee Replacement has received FDA 510(k) clearance with reference K102251, DASH™
Hip Replacement has received FDA 510(k) clearance with reference K110021.