Do you like fun games?
Then try Cellular Automata because it`s awesome!
Cellular Automata mimics the famous game developed by the British mathematician John Conway in 1970.
1. Touch squares to bring them to life (red) or to `kill` them (black).
2. Press "Step" to step through one life cycle iteration.
3. Repeat and watch your creations evolve!
Conceptual Rules for the Cellular Automata:
1. Underpopulation: Any live cell with less than two (2) live neighbors dies.
2. Overcrowding: Any live cell with more than three (3) live neighbors dies.
3. Birth: Any dead cell with exactly three (3) live neighbors becomes alive.
4. Continuation: Any live cell with two (2) or three (3) live neighbors lives on.
The randomize button randomly kills approximately half the cells and randomly turns on approximately half the cells so that you can start over if you like with a new screen.
Simple Goals to Experiment to Create:
1. "Blocks" and "Boats" that remain still as the steps progress.
2. "Gliders" that slide across the screen as the steps progress.
3. "Oscillators" and "Pulsars" that remain still but flash as the steps progress.
4. Find your own new and unique creations!
If our products do not live up to your standards for any reason, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (instead of just writing a bad review on the app store) so we can take direct actions to fix your concerns. Your satisfaction is a priority at Socially Conscious Software, so we would love to hear from you to help fix any and all of your concerns. Related apps cellular automata