Download Today’s Document iPhone iPad iOS
National Archives and Records Administration, the publisher behind many iOS app (Today’s Document ,National Archives DocsTeach ,To The Brink: JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis ,Congress Creates the Bill of Rights), brings Today’s Document with a number of new features along with the usual bug fixes. Today’s Document app has been update to version 1.03 with several major changes and improvements. App release that improves performance, provides several new options.
Explore American history with 365 of the most fascinating documents and photos from the collections of the US National Archives. Today`s Document is an interactive gallery that displays a significant historical document or photo for each day of the year. You can learn what happened on your birthday, search for a document by keyword, or just browse at your leisure.
Featured documents have included popular documents like the Declaration of Independence and Emancipation Proclamation as well as lesser known (but equally fascinating) documents like the Zimmerman Telegram, President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s 1961 Farewell address, and a handwritten draft of President John F. Kennedy’s 1961 Inaugural Address.
• Pinch to zoom and inspect individual documents and photos—each rendered as stunning high resolution images.
• Swipe a document left or right to view the previous or next day’s document.
• Use the calendar icon to select a specific date or just browse documents at random.
• Tap the info icon to read fascinating background information (including extensive links to related web sites).
• Add a document to your favorites list by tapping the star icon.
• Share documents via email, Facebook or Twitter by tapping the share icon.
Today’s Document is based on the America’s Historical Documents feature found at www.archives.gov/historical-docs/.
iOS Today’s Document 1.03 Mobile
I love this app! I teach American History and I used this app on my iPad in one of my classroom lectures. The kids thought it was really cool.
Wonderful selection of documents in a really nice interface.
Very cool, kind of buggy
This is an awesome way to open the National Archives to the tablet-toting public. Great selection of documents - very engrossing! Applause to NARA.
A few bugs:
1. Selecting the info box multiple times opens multiple info boxes. It is not initially clear that the way to close the info box is to tap another part of the screen.
2. Zooming into the document is very difficult - pinching/spreading changes the whole page, not just the pane with the doc, and I can`t pan around the zoom easily.
3. This isn`t a bug, but I was surprised that swiping right took me to future docs of the day. Swipe left to go to the past.
4. Needs transcription!!!!
Related - Education - Today’s Document 1.03
More in Education - for Today’s Document iPhone
More by National Archives and Records Administration - for Today’s Document app ioS