Download EDP 2050 iPhone iPad iOS
The 2050 Simulator is a tool that forecasts the evolution of the Portuguese energy sector from 2000 to 2050, according to the energy policy options defined by the user.
By the year 2050 we will need to dramatically change the way we produce and consume our energy.
To mitigate irreversible impacts of climate change, it is critical to reach a pathway of greenhouse gas emissions that limits global warming. In this context, the European Union is committed to reduce CO2 emissions, by 2050, to 20% of 1990 levels.
How close can you get to this target for Portugal ?
The objective of this exercise is to simultaneously optimize, for Portugal, three strategic axes that compete among themselves:
- Minimization of GHG emissions: ideally to reach 20% of 1990 levels by 2050
- Minimization of total cost of energy: energy bill and power generation
- Minimization of the difficulty level: of the adopted energy policies
- Primary energy balance
- Final energy balance by fuel and sector
- Electricity balance by technology and sector
- Electrification level by sector
- CO2 emissions and emission factor evolution
- Energy flows for 2020 and 2050
- Energy dependency evolution
- Energy efficiency evolution
- Renewables share both in electricity and final energy
- Energy bill, energy and electricity costs evolution
- Difficulty level indicator of the options made
This is a simplified model of the reality that only wants to convey, intuitively and pedagogically, the key variables of the energy sector as well as how to achieve its decarbonization.
The results of this simulator should not, therefore, be understood as accurate estimates, nor necessarily represent EDP’s view on the energy policies within the 2050 horizon.
For more information about EDP:
Follow us on www.edp.pt
iOS EDP 2050 1.0 Mobile
Related - Utilities - EDP 2050 1.0
More in Utilities - for EDP 2050 iPhone
More by Innovagency - for EDP 2050 app ioS